Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Update

So here I am standing today. Much has come to pass within the last 2 months or so. The accumulation of information and ideas have peeked at record high levels. I have come to experience some of the greatest moving events in recent years. All the while I have been keeping in check with the progress of my animated project.

I am nearly finished with the coloring process. Only one more week before I move to the final stages.

Let's be frank though. This project was done through no one's accord but of mine. I was uncertain of what was to be attained through the completion of this process, but now the image of what I want has become clear. I wanted to tell a story, and give the audience a chance to make their own. My aim was never for the "success" of this film. It is important to remember that the height of our expectations must never exceeded the height of our standards. After all, I'm not a crowd pleaser and would never want to be. I merely am trying to build my own story with all the skills and knowledge I have accumulated over the years and reinvent them as I go.

Growth is to change as change is to reinvention. It doesn't have to cover such a grandiose scale, again that is what we typically "expect" of ourselves. However, it can always start small by finding our mistakes and forcing the blood, sweat, and tears to correct them.

It was never clear to me just what I wanted or how to phrase what I wanted, until I met him. I have so much credence to give towards Karl Gnass for opening my perception during this experience. I would've never wanted anything more than to gain this understanding.

Perhaps what strengthened my change was the ability to connect his ideas to the ideas of the other prominent people I have met. So they say, "nothing is more powerful than an idea." Here's what I got to answer that, "nothing is more powerful than to connect ideas."

I have much to answer for in the coming weeks, but for now I am content that I am on a good foot. Second trailer, crossing fingers would be due out late September. CURSE YOU CLOUD ATLAS!! NOW EVERYONE'S GOING TO CONFUSE MY 2 YEAR PROJECT TITLE WITH YOU!!! Well what's one to do anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment