Friday, October 26, 2012

An End towards One's Means

It was always best for me keep this in mind, "There must always be an end towards one's means, without an end all means would be meaningless."

Over the course of a year my ends have been going through rapid changes. I found myself wanting to become highly skilled and technically crafted within the arts through line drawing. My strive had taken me many places throughout, and the means had led me from one end into another. From then on I realized that maybe my strive for becoming greater in drawing may actually serve as a means towards another end. The question then was, "What was it all for?"

Where was the purpose behind the investment fiscally, mentally, spiritually in achieving a high quality in drawing? What was I directing myself into, a job, a prestigious school, another form of consciousness? Where was this passion going to fit within the sphere of the social community? No matter how far I would drag myself away from the influence of the world, there would always be some stake I would have in participating within in it. What better way to participate than to form my own visual dialogue. In the end it would serve to form a cohesive bond of understanding between me and other individuals. After all we do have a vision and seek a means to convey that vision through any form of communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment