Friday, January 20, 2012

NOLA


As I lay my schedule for the upcoming week forward I sit and contemplate about my past trip to New Orleans. From the time I had landed on the airstrip at Houston to travelling to the inner city of New Orleans, I have been blessed with an experience that I'll never forget. It is astounding to me knowing that I myself have traveled across the Midwest onto the South within the early years of my 20s. I would have absolutely no problem in doing it again. Aside from that I had acquired an idea, "Think positive and deal with the handful of cards you're given." That was what I came for, to embrace that idea and relate to the cultural experience I had endured within my stay. Some of the things that would stay with me were the attitudes of the local folks. It was pretty assuring to be able to start a conversation out of the air and to discover a couple of things about the human condition. It makes you realize how much of a bubble we live in compared to the world around us.

I would never trade anything for the experience I had here. I would love to come back and spend as much time here crafting on my own life and profession. They say there are some places out here in the world that have the power to transform a person, and I believe I have found it. I know now what I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment