Sunday, January 8, 2012

Mind Melting in 3 Dimensions

As far back as I can remember, I was always enthusiastic about conveying volumetric forms within a 2d flat surface. I found myself committing countless hours into tightening my perspective as well as experimenting with different views. However, much of these ideas were done through simple line work. On top of that, the technical mistakes I made outnumbered much my successful takes. Nevertheless I still kept forward drawing from different inspirations.

Mecha design had been the peak of my design interest since watching steam punk anime as a teenager. I had fallen in love with the vehicle and character designs from shows such as Outlaw Star and Gundam series and movies like Appleseed. This had lead to my transitioning from just simply drawing dinosaurs to drawing more cityscapes and vehicles. The character Briarios, from Appleseed, was this all around tough action hero confined to a a metallic shell due to his severe injuries. The feature I found distinguishable about him than most other animes were his audio attachments, which were in the form of rabbit ears. I have been longing to try out 3d modeling programs so when I was given the chance there was no holding back. After the long hours of the week this is had been conceived.








No comments:

Post a Comment